So, aside from the obvious plate of philosophical linguine that sits inside my head, who am I? This is always a question that bugs me as the answer is never simple…or it is rather simple and I just don’t like that the answer is uncomplicated. Yeah…one would say that I’m a bit of a mess but I like it that way.
I am a husband, father, IT guru at my day job, Cybersecurity Practitioner and Ethical Hacker. I also like to hike when the weather is good, play a game or two and of course I am an addict of stories. I love a good story be it a short story, book, movie, play or a humorous musing told by a friend.
What is this place?
Well, I’ve had a personal website since the mid 1990’s. It’s been a blog and digital signpost where to find me online. In the early days of the internet, that wasn’t too many places. I used to comment often on various Usenet message boards and a few websites that were around for that sort of time. I used to blog about anything and everything. Then social media came along and blogging for me changed in that I just didn’t write much. Why spend the time writing a blog post when you could interact with people in a conversational way? Yet again, that has changed a bit. Blogs are now just part of your online persona which lends itself to again, the digital signpost.
Today I focus my writing here on Cybersecurity related content. What you will not see here is the parroting of daily news stories for the most part. There are plenty of places to read about the latest breach and what not. While I may comment on a particular event, that’s not what I want to write about.
What you will see here will be my take on particular issues and concepts. Everyone has their ideas on things and that’s the sort of material I like to read…so I will contribute to that genre of the Information and Cybersecurity.
As for some of the additional questions one may ask:
- No, I won’t fix your computer.
- I spend my days fixing and addressing computers and cyber security related issues. I like to do other things when I am off work.
- Yes, I do hold some IT related certifications.
- I did write a few books over the years.
- After all of then ended up being pirated and publicly available I gave up on the efforts to sell them. They are free to download now, so enjoy! Who doesn’t like free stuff, eh?
- I am on some social networks, you can find me in the list below:
And the formal legal stuff.
- All content on this blog, including text and photographs, header images, graphics in posts are copyrighted J. Riley Castine unless otherwise notated.
- All content may NOT be used without my prior written consent and yes, that means you EC-Council! While they have not stolen anything from me, they have from many others. Details: https://attrition.org/errata/charlatan/ec-council/.
- If you wish to share my my blog posts or public works, consent is hereby granted as long as you credit the original source.
- Consent is NOT granted for sharing the contents of my books, physical or ebook formats, on any social network, media, or otherwise, without my expressly written consent.